Penn Warranty Corporation - Warranty failure
i purchased a used pickup in 7/2006.I was offered warranty policy for a set amount for as long as i paid the premium per month.It was supposed to cover every thing on engine,transmission, rear end.
well motor blew up 175 miles on a trip in pa.after getting it back to Ohio i found there was alot of damage to motor. i talked to Penn warranty and after i paid to have motor pulled so that they could inspect it they said it had been run hot for a long time. This is news to me for I've not had any trouble up till this point.Before leaving on this trip i had vehicle serviced so i know it was road able. seems dumb to start out on a trip of 600 miles with a messed up motor.
never the less they said it was run hot for a long time,which made warranty invalid . the first offer they made was 374.00 minus 100.00 deductible. second offer was 1000.00. i said no to that also.
they also told me i signed for coverage. i wanted to see my name on the white line,nothing yet.in winding this up I've got 2600.00 in re man motor 680.00 in labor 225.00 in a new computer, oil filters and anything extra . You may ask why computer, you can't hide stuff on what happened to engine,and its there believe me. plus i have replaced radiator water pump,thermostat hoses and whatever else my mechanic says it needs.
so needless to say 274.00 will not cover it.all i can say it watch Penn warranty because they are a really bad people to deal with.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Failure
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "We bought and paid cash for a 28 by 60 foot doublewide. Here we are 6 years later still fighting to get what we paid for. To make a very..."
- "I purchased a Log Home Kit from Affordable Log Home Concepts in August of 2008. A Contract was agreed upon and signed between myself and Stacey Gaylord in the..."
- "Zoom Tan's famous tagline is "Why be pale and pasty?" Well, attached are some selfies of some women who found out why you shouldn't try to be "Tan and tasty."..."