i purchased a used pickup in 7/2006.I was offered warranty policy for a set amount for as long as i paid the premium per month.It was supposed to cover every thing on engine,transmission, rear end.
well motor blew up 175 miles on a trip in pa.after getting it back to Ohio i found there was alot of damage to motor. i talked to Penn warranty and after i paid to have motor pulled so that they could inspect it they said it had been run hot for a long time. This is news to me for I've not had any trouble up till this point.Before leaving on this trip i had vehicle serviced so i know it was road able. seems dumb to start out on a trip of 600 miles with a messed up motor.
never the less they said it was run hot for a long time,which made warranty invalid . the first offer they made was 374.00 minus 100.00 deductible. second offer was 1000.00. i said no to that also.
they also told me i signed for coverage. i wanted to see my name on the white line,nothing yet.in winding this up I've got 2600.00 in re man motor 680.00 in labor 225.00 in a new computer, oil filters and anything extra . You may ask why computer, you can't hide stuff on what happened to engine,and its there believe me. plus i have replaced radiator water pump,thermostat hoses and whatever else my mechanic says it needs.
so needless to say 274.00 will not cover it.all i can say it watch Penn warranty because they are a really bad people to deal with.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Failure
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "I called to have a repair done through the Penn warranty i received from Payless wholesale automotive in garfield new jersey on 5/17/16. And for some reason its not on..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "Last year my 23 month old Frigidaire smoothtop range cracked over the front left burner. After not getting any satisfaction from the Frigidaire customer service line, I went back the..."
- "I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike...."
- "Ordered a leather jacket from your online site in a medium received a e-mail that was sending me a x small. Called your customer service department as soon as I..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."